Tuesday, June 14, 2011

It's only Tuesday?

I am so off this week. I can not believe it is only Tuesday. This may be a very looooooong week. Today was very busy. Sami had a friend over after school. We are still in the unpacking and organizing stages, but I feel I can't hold the kids off any longer from having playdates. Maya helped me make chocolate chip cookies. I did that alot with Sami in the old house, but not so much wiht Maya. It was nice to have the time just the two of us while Sami played with her friend. I want to make an effort to spend more one on one time with each of the girls. After I everyone had gone, I started making dinner, which was lasagna and homemade sauce. Chris is the "sauce maker" in the family. This was one of the first solo attempts. It came out ok, I guess. I used sugar to weaken the acidity of the tomatoes. Chris usually uses carrots, but we were all out. The end product was quite a mess in the kitchen and a very "cheesy" lasagna. Still room for improvement! The good news is I have three jars of sauce to freeze and keep using!

Photobucket

1 comment: